A History Of Giving Back
Since the start of his career in 1976, attorney John Bickel has prioritized giving his time and efforts. He has focused the majority of his charitable efforts on causes or organizations connected to the legal field. Through these efforts, he lends his expertise to key organizations or assists those who would otherwise be unable to hire and work with an experienced lawyer.
Working Together With Legal And Other Professional Organizations
Mr. Bickel seeks opportunities to donate his time and resources to organizations or causes that focus on a long-term commitment to communities in need. His charitable efforts throughout the past four decades have included:
- Fellow in the American Bar Foundation
- Member of the Texas and Dallas Bar foundations, as well as the New York State Bar Association
- Co-founder of the Storefront subsidiary of an established Dallas law firm that he co-founded
- Instrumental in founding the 501(c)(3) private foundation for the same Dallas law firm
- Co-founded the NYU International Public Policy Forum, which now includes more than 300 scholastic entries
- Sponsored various charitable projects, including The Future Leaders Project
Notably, the foundation of Mr. Bickel’s former law firm awarded more than $20 million in grants and funding to educational and health care efforts over a 20-year period. Additionally, as the co-founder of the Storefront subsidiary of the same firm, Mr. Bickel and other associates provided pro bono legal services and defense to many who could otherwise not afford legal representation.
Despite Mr. Bickel’s departure from the firm in 2014, the Foundation, Storefront and other programs continue to this day.